The hydrogen gas is made to pass into the gas tank. The gas is absorbed there which in turn improves the combustion of the fuel. As the combustion is improved the efficiency of your car also improves. Your car now uses less fuel, gives greater mileage and emits fewer pollutants.
You can also convert your car into an electric vehicle and save on gas. But for this you have to modify the mechanical parts of your car. Therefore you should be well versed with all the parts and their functions.
You will have to replace the car engine with the electric motor. Electric kits are available in the market. These kits are an assembly of batteries and controller battery charger. You can use electric car conversion guide to convert your gasoline car into an electric car.
If you are not comfortable with all such conversions and wish to continue with your gasoline engine then you can use following tips to improve the mileage of your car:
- Check the air filters regularly. Replace the filter if it is damaged or saturated with dust. This will improve the mileage by as much as 10 percent.
- Check the engine regularly. Tune the engine. This will improve the gas efficiency by about four percent. Besides this check the oxygen sensor regularly. This will improve the mileage substantially.
- Use the motor oil recommended by the manufacturer of your car and increase gas efficiency by two to three percent.
- Check the air in the tires regularly. Keeping the tires of your car inflated to and in proper condition increases the fuel utilization efficiency by about three to four percent.
- Avoid unnecessary start and stop of the engine.
- Make sure that you don't rev up the engine just before you turn it off. This not only consumes fuel but also leads to gushing of the oil to the cylinder which in turn lowers the pressure of the oil.
- Warming up of engine for a long time consumes large amount of fuel. Avoid this. A warm up of thirty to forty five seconds is more than enough.